Benefits of Joining Shanghai Valley
For Institutional Investors
- Our exclusive network of contacts worldwide and streamlined due diligence process helps you tap into investment opportunities that were previously inaccessible and saves you time for the search.
- Shanghai Valley is the first China-focused investment platform and works with different banks and service providers to make your global investment process efficient and seamless.
- You select from our existing list of companies that were pre-screened or invested by other VCs or corporate investors. Our partners can also provide third-party accounting audit and source code review.
- We work with professional translators and interpreters to assist you to understand all legal documents and investment agreements in Chinese and English.
- Our online and offline platform gives you quick, secure communication tools to access, manage and speed up the investment cycle and search for quality investment opportunities remotely.
For Companies Worldwide
- Immediately and quickly tap into an exclusive list of well-known institutional investors we have connected all these years so that you can focus on doing what you are best at – building your own company.
- You receive investment money from pre-screened institutional investors in our network, which more likely lowers the risks of inappropriate business practices as those investors want to continuously stay in our network.
- Our investors’ feedback is the best and most valuable way for you to test your product before you officially enter the Chinese market. It is the most cost-effective way for market research.
- Once invested, our institutional investors will most likely become your best local partners as they will leverage their local resources and connections to help your company grow.
- Our online and offline platform gives you secure communication tools to quickly build trust, visibility, and credibility with your investors without wasting your time on the communication friction.
|For Institutional Investors||For Companies Worldwide|
WHAT IS SHANGHAI VALLEY?
Shanghai Valley is an exclusive, China-focused, online and offline investment platform where institutional investors have access to high quality investment opportunities, and exceptional companies can raise strategic capital and resources. We only allow a select group of global startups and institutional investors to join.
HOW IS SHANGHAI VALLEY DIFFERENT FROM OTHER COMPETITORS IN THE INDUSTRY?
Shanghai Valley is the first China-focused, online and offline investment platform that targets institutional investors. Our Shanghai Valley Investor Roadshows in China have been praised by many investors as “”the highest quality investor roadshows for global startups they have ever seen in China.” We believe in quality as opposed to quantity and only allow a select group of companies and investors to join our network. Also, Shanghai Valley not only assists companies in fundraising but also provides them with a platform to receive market feedback and to market their products to the Greater China markets.
WHO ARE THE MAIN INVESTORS IN SHANGHAI VALLEY NETWORK?
With more than 200 institutional investors in our network, most of them are VCs, family offices, and corporate investors in China, and some from the US and Europe who are interested in companies with China angle.
HOW DOES THE FUNDING WORK?
We only list quality companies that satisfy our initial screening criteria. Each offering explains the company’s business, funding needs, and intended use of funds. Each company offering is created individually and equity offerings may vary. Investors read through company offerings, then invest money in the company over a designated period of time. Our offline investor roadshows and in-person meetings are regularly scheduled and organized to assist both parties in getting to know each other and building trust.
WHAT KINDS OF COMPANIES ARE SHOWCASED ON SHANGHAI VALLEY, HOW IS THE DECISION MADE?
The typical company presented by Shanghai Valley should have demonstrated traction (e.g. initial sales, acquired customer base, and received funding previously.) Companies will be screened by our Selection Committee based on a set of criteria. Members of Shanghai Valley’s Selection Committee are experienced mentors, industry experts, entrepreneurs and VC professionals. Example criteria include, but are not limited to: What is the size of the business’s addressable market? Has the company demonstrated traction? Is the founding team strong and cohesive? Can the products be someday marketed into the Chinese markets, etc.
WHAT HAPPENS ONCE THE CAPITAL IS RAISED?
Once the capital is raised, our legal partners can assist the successful company to complete the remaining process if necessary. Once the paperwork and legal documentation is completed, the money will be transferred to the company’s bank account and investors will get their investment confirmations and equity agreed. (Some fees may be charged by the third parties.) The company is responsible for the delivery/fulfillment of any promises in a timely manner.
WHY DO COMPANIES RAISE FUNDS THROUGH SHANGHAI VALLEY?
With Shanghai Valley, companies are able to raise strategic capital in an efficient, flexible, and timely fashion by reaching to a broader and exclusive list of investors in our network. These institutional investors can someday turn into advocates for your company and leverage their local resources and connections to help your company grow.